Tuesday, April 22, 2008

happy earth day

My earth day challenges to you today:

1. Recycle something
2. Change at least one lightbulb in your house to an energy efficient light bulb
3. Stop what ever you are doing and go see how many lights you can turn off or other appliances that could be shut or unplugged.
4. Don't buy another bottle of water this week.
5. Put your paper towels away for the rest of the day and use a cloth towel for all your messes!

Now go! :)

Leave a comment and let us know something green you are doing!


post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am trying not to drive anywhere unless i absolutely have to. i'm also trying to use groceries i have on hand to reduce waste!

Mommy Mechanics said...

I just switched to cloth diapers yesterday, so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

We turned out all the lights at Morris Brandon from 12:00 on!

Anonymous said...

i recycled an old shirt of my husband's into a pair of cute pants for the baby (recycle) hung some clothes on the line instead of using the dryer (reduce) decided to go with cloth diaper wipes (reduce-- giving it a trial run to see about cloth diapers as well), bought a high chair at a rummage sale (reuse), went for a long nature walk with my mom and kids and found "forest treasures" to bring home (lichen, cattail fuzz, birch bark, pinecones, wood <-- all already down on trail) (appreciating nature/ teaching nature conservation)

Anonymous said...

happy earth day too! whenever my mom and dad goes to the grocery, we always bring our paper bag and use it to save plastic use. I want to be an earth-friendly kid myself so I could have a better place when I grow up...

Hope you could visit me on my website. it's http://littlekarl.com