Friday, January 18, 2008

let's cook!


Imaginary play is so important for preschoolers. One of Bubbie's all time favorite things to play with his is toy kitchen. He really loves the wooden food from Melissa and Doug. All the food velcros together and comes with wooden knives or pizza cutters to "cut" the food. By pretending to cook with him, I can teach him so much about healthy eating and new food choices. My hope is that foods he's afraid to try now will become more familiar through play and eventually less intimidating at the dinner table! The kitchen in the above picture is actually Sass's but in our play room Bubbie has a great little kitchen that we bought from a garage sale for $5! We have definitely gotten our $5 worth out of our little kitchen! You can get wooden food and other fun natural toys from one of my favorite online boutiques
Tender Cargo.




post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I came across your site while reading some blogs on BabyCenter - and I love it! Thank you for providing so much useful information. I subscribed to Kiwi Magazine thanks to you and am looking forward to receiving my first copy. My son is 9 months old and I am always looking for ways to make things a little better for him.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

greenkiddo said...

Paul's Mom,

Thanks so much for the comment! I am glad you found us and hope you will share the site with all your friends. Let me know what you think about Kiwi! Its a great magazine! Gracie is 9 months too, so I understand wanting to make a cleaner world for your kids!

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

I too love Melissa & Doug’s toys/books! We bought our play kitchen at a garage sale for $5 bucks too. My soon to be 5 year old son and 10 month old daughter love it! Ours is in our kitchen, so they can play while I cook/do dishes, although my son does enjoy helping with some of the real cooking/doing dishes! Love your site!