i read on another friend of mine's blog (thanks garrett!) about having wishes for the new year instead of resolutions... i love this idea, especially since the new year is also my birthday, wishes seem so much more appropriate.
my main wish this year is to be more intentional in everything i do. to have purpose.
here is my "wish list" for my 32nd year of life:
- have weekly movie/homemade pizza night with the kids
- spend more time in the word / family bible study
- go on a monthly date with super dad
- commit to a get away with super dad every 6 weeks within 6 hours of our home for 36 hours
- exercise daily
- take a weekly family bike ride ( i got a new bike for my birthday and a trailer for the little bitties!)
- cook more, including one new recipe a week
- start a one on one day with each of the kids once a month to do something special
- simplify- declutter, get rid of all the extra junk in our house
- have the entire neutral area of our home repainted and our carpets deep cleaned
- limit my time on blogs and facebook!
so that's my starting point for my wish list..... what are your wishes for the year?