Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm so "flippin' excited to try out flip!


I'm 11 weeks into cloth diapering a newbie. With Sass I didn't start until 4 months so I didn't know much about cloth diapering a teeny tiny. Well 11 weeks in and my all time favorite diapers are our bumgenius AIO's. They are super simple, super absorbant and we haven't had a single breastfed poop explosion in them. My second favorites would be my gdiapers. I love the fit of the gdiapers and the concept, but I don't love the cotton g pants. Well actually I do love them but I don't love that they feel damp after wearing them for a while and I don't love that I have to snap in those silly liners and change them out after pretty much every poopy diaper. But other than that I do love them and I have purchased 4 more covers in the next size along with a bunch of g cloth.

All that to say, I'm now super excited to try out the flip system. It may be the best of both worlds. It's similar to a g diaper system as you use the same cover multiple times and just lay an insert (either disposable, stay dry or organic) inside. But it's made like a bG! one size with snaps, so hopefully being made of PUL won't feel damp after a while. And it's a one size so more economical than purchases multiple sizes of what ever system you do like. I have heard too that my gcloth will work in the flip system which is good since I have a dozen or so of them!

So now that bubba bear is growing like a weed, I have sold off all our xsmall diapers and used that money to invest in a one day pack of flips, plus an extra single flip in ribbit green (my all time fave!). I also ordered a pack of the disposable inserts to try out and compare against the gdiaper inserts. I do like this option for when we are out and about all day long and I don't want to haul dirty diapers around!



This is the perfect time to try out the Flip system ( or any other Bumgenius diapers) too because bumgenius is allowing a rare sale. And if you purchase from Kelly's Closet today you can get free shipping too on orders over $50 using the code FORFUN.

Click here to visit Kelly's Closet

I'll be back to update once I get them in and do a full comparison between Flip and gdiapers.

post signature

No comments: