Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm so "flippin' excited to try out flip!


I'm 11 weeks into cloth diapering a newbie. With Sass I didn't start until 4 months so I didn't know much about cloth diapering a teeny tiny. Well 11 weeks in and my all time favorite diapers are our bumgenius AIO's. They are super simple, super absorbant and we haven't had a single breastfed poop explosion in them. My second favorites would be my gdiapers. I love the fit of the gdiapers and the concept, but I don't love the cotton g pants. Well actually I do love them but I don't love that they feel damp after wearing them for a while and I don't love that I have to snap in those silly liners and change them out after pretty much every poopy diaper. But other than that I do love them and I have purchased 4 more covers in the next size along with a bunch of g cloth.

All that to say, I'm now super excited to try out the flip system. It may be the best of both worlds. It's similar to a g diaper system as you use the same cover multiple times and just lay an insert (either disposable, stay dry or organic) inside. But it's made like a bG! one size with snaps, so hopefully being made of PUL won't feel damp after a while. And it's a one size so more economical than purchases multiple sizes of what ever system you do like. I have heard too that my gcloth will work in the flip system which is good since I have a dozen or so of them!

So now that bubba bear is growing like a weed, I have sold off all our xsmall diapers and used that money to invest in a one day pack of flips, plus an extra single flip in ribbit green (my all time fave!). I also ordered a pack of the disposable inserts to try out and compare against the gdiaper inserts. I do like this option for when we are out and about all day long and I don't want to haul dirty diapers around!



This is the perfect time to try out the Flip system ( or any other Bumgenius diapers) too because bumgenius is allowing a rare sale. And if you purchase from Kelly's Closet today you can get free shipping too on orders over $50 using the code FORFUN.

Click here to visit Kelly's Closet

I'll be back to update once I get them in and do a full comparison between Flip and gdiapers.

post signature

1 comment:

David said...

The best way to clean cloth diapers is to pre-rinse them off in the toilet using a Hand Bathroom Bidet Sprayer. So convenient and if you are trying to help the environment (and your pocket book) you can give it a double whammy by virtually eliminating toilet paper use at the same time as you benefit from using it on the diapers, by using it on yourself. I'm not sure how many people know this but that is what they were originally created for. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off" Available at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com they come in an inexpensive kit and can be installed without a plumber. Now we're talking green and helping the environment without any pain.