Tuesday, August 11, 2009

crockpot mexican chicken


Yesterday was Super Dad's birthday ( isn't that a great pic of him? One of the kids took it!!) . He didn't want to go out to dinner but couldn't really tell me what he wanted for dinner either. I had no idea what I wanted to cook either, I just knew that I didn't want to haul to kids to the grocery store with me in the 8 million degree weather, so it was creativity time!

I took a package of chicken breasts from the freezer and tossed them in my crock pot. I added two cans of cream of chicken, a jar of salsa, a can of drained black beans, half a bag of Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn and half a bag of Trader Joe's frozen tri color bell peppers. All of these things are favorites of Super Dads. I let it cook all afternoon and once the chicken was good and cooked and pulled it out and chunked it into bite size pieces.

I threw my new concoction on top of some brown rice and topped it off with some cheddar cheese. It was really yummy and super duper easy! The other good thing is it made a TON of food. I sent Super Dad to work with a serving for lunch and froze two dinner size portions for us to eat after baby comes.

Here's the weird part. I KNOW I took a picture of our yummy dinner last night before putting it all away, yet it is not on my memory card this morning.... maybe the camera ate it??

[update - superdad's computer consumed the memory card and then formatted the card and put it back into my Nikon this morning] here's the pic.... yum! it was tasty!


post signature

2 comments:

Alison said...

Happy bday, Matt! And I sure how hope the camera didn't eat that pic of the yummy meal!

Kelsi said...

Happy belated Birthday Super Dad! Your birthday dinner looks yummy.