Friday, August 28, 2009

chili pot roast from faithful provisions - super easy!!




One of my favorite blogs to read is Faithful Provisions. She hooks me up with great coupon tips that I check weekly before I grocery shop along with other great steals and deals! Well tonight she also hooked me up with a great dinner!

The picture above is her chili pot roast, but mine looked pretty much just like it! I made mine with mashed potatoes and green beans and since I'm not suppose to be on my feet and cooking, I cheated and we just had crescent rolls. This dinner was super easy to throw together and was delicious. And even better, we have enough to have it again this weekend! Although if you didn't want the same dinner twice, she posted another post showing how to turn your leftovers into enchiladas. Click here to check out that recipe.

Here is her recipe:

Chili Pot Roast

favorite pot roast, flank steak, or other beef
1 jar chili sauce
1 large onion sliced

Throw it all in the crock pot on low for the day.


If you aren't already a reader of hers, I suggest you subscribe to her blog. It's a wealth of money saving info!


post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephanie,
Thanks so much for the link and write up!!

Kelly
FaithfulProvisions.com

Anonymous said...

Steph... that looks so good, but I have a dumb question.. what is chili sauce? Give me an example... like a can of hormel? Am I being really stupid? Shoot to me on facebook.. I'm gonna make that this week!