Monday, February 4, 2008

a little greener disney


Well, we are back from Disney and I am proud to say that I saw some green changes being made. I was excited that we had a separate trash can in our room just for recycling. Also, there was a sign in the bathroom encouraging people to use their towels more than one time. I was also impressed that in the parks there were several recycling cans for bottles and cans next to the regular trash cans. All of this made me curious because I also saw a lot of things they could do better, so I came home and googled it and found this article about all the changes Disney is making and it seems that they are working in the right direction.

Another thing I was impressed with was the kids meals at Disney. While organic was not an option, they did offer healthier choices for their meals. Most kids meals were PB&J or chicken nuggets, but then came with two sides, such as carrot sticks, unsweetened applesauce or grapes. The meals also included 100% apple juice, low fat milk or bottled water.

post signature

No comments: